04 December 2006

Sword & Tea



I received an email from Leigh Robinson who runs a company in the UK making quality swords and other martial arts weapons. I've never been able to get my tiny mind around prancing with an instrument for killing in my hands so have never learned the weapon forms, but these items – hand-forged – do look stunning. £300 may seem steep, but for something lovingly hand-crafted I think it's a steal.

Another Christmas present idea – somewhat less expensive but no less classy – is fine tea and teaware.

1 comment

Richard said...

Used to agree about swords/killing as per your post but tried it any way and found it to be very valuable in its own right and interesting in how it improved my (non-sword) forms.

There might be an argument that as tai chi is a martial art, then you are learning weapons even if they are only your hands and feet