05 August 2007

Touching Perfection



One of those magical moments when a fellow student of Tai Chi hits the perfect posture. I knew it was good not from the way it looked but because of how it felt when I touched it. The energy it contained was relaxed, firm, rooted, sharp, light, but also rich – with body and depth. This richness came from Sandy feeling the truth of what he had touched, and allowing the joy of that truth to fill his body. It is relatively easy to help your partner touch perfection, but unless they recognize it and are totally inspired by it (allow it to change their life forever), I'm not sure how useful it is.

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Amazing posture. I can feel the connection he has with the front foot just by looking at the photo. And I can see how happy he looks to be there. Nice one.

David

taiji heartwork said...

Yes. And nothing was forced. You can also feel how the hips and shoulders are free - even the knees - just by studying the photograph.