14 July 2008

Communication

When we converse with gravity in Tai Chi we do so within a system in equilibrium. If I rise it is because I have thrust downwards and if I sink down it is because I have pulled the Earth up into me. Opening and Closing. Now the wonder of a living system is that when it opens it extends it's connexions: it grows (cornucopia), and when it closes it brings it's world into it's points of support (funnels – especially into the Earth): it allows (encourages) creativity – it breathes. But it also shows that when I open, my world must open too and by extension the whole world opens – I mirror my world and my world mirrors the world – there is no such thing as a closed system – everything is connected. Ultimately the only system is the Universe and the deep loving intelligence that supports the Universe (we all need (to) support and we all need (to) trust otherwise there is no existence) is God, and our personal freedom comes when we abandon ourselves to our place within this Universe (when we trust it): when we truly understand how much we are a tiny insignificant part of a gigantic living entity on the one hand and how on the other hand we have absolute responsibility because we are the Universe, directly supported by – communicating with – God, we mirror it, and in that mirroring we affect it. The only constant really is affection; and sympathy – resonance – communication.

No comments